Education Facilities Management Forum
Upcoming Event Dates
You will have the opportunity to pre-select your meetings and seminars in advance of the event. In addition, networking opportunities with your peers include a meet & greet drink reception on Sunday evening, then breakfast, lunch, dinner & Casino Night on Monday, as well as breakfast and lunch on Tuesday.
If you are looking for an efficient, easy way to review potential new service providers our Education Facilities Management Forums have been showing the way for 15 years.
98% of our delegates say that our events are "an easier, more efficient way to find out about potential service providers than an exhibition". Here's why...
Like all our Forums, the event is tailored to meet your requirements, is complimentary, and limited to just 50 places, to ensure you receive our personal attention. Below are the main benefits to attending the Forum, to find out more contact us via email, or call 941-925-7585
For clients your complimentary attendance includes:
- Free workshops.
- Free meals & refreshments.
- Unparalleled networking opportunities.
- A relaxed business like environment.
- Luxury venue.
- An event where you are in charge of who you meet.
- A professional, time saving, way to find product, service, and solution providers.
- A 'no hassle, no hard sell' environment.
- Only 50 places available.
- Hotel accommodations included.
This Forum offers you an efficient and stress-free way to see what's new in the industry, and make profitable connections and partnerships.
For More Information Please Contact...
Rob Muise – Event Manager
(941) 925-7585 x8164 | email
Brittany Kehrt – Delegate Coordinator
(941) 925-7585 x8165 | email
Chris Clayton – Event Manager
(941) 925-7585 x8160 | email
Education Facilities Management Forum in Atlanta, GA
April 24 & 25, 2017
Event Workshops Include...
Sustainable Materials in Restrooms, Locker Rooms and Other Applications
Presented by Rob Donlon - Director of Sales, Scranton Products
Credits: 1 AIA Hour & 1 USGBC Hour
An in depth look at the sustainable materials in restrooms and locker rooms. Explanation of how High Density Polyethylene (HDPE) reduces environmental impact and ways it offers both initial and long term improvements to the indoor air quality of any project. Several examples of how responsible manufacture is a critical part of any products life cycle assessment.
Tips for Achieving Capital Forecasting Success
Presented by Herb Crawford – Director of Sales, SchoolDude
Every part of your campus will need repair or replacement at some point in the future. These projects can range anywhere from small work orders to multimillion dollar contracts. Putting off repairs can result in bigger, more costly problems down the line. With long-range capital planning you can make capital decision with confidence, and ensure necessary resources are in place when the time comes. This presentation will discuss:
- The fundamentals of capital forecasting and the correlation between facility condition, asset life and student performance.
- How to improve your organization's efficiency through using capital forecasting software.
- How to pull reports that can help you gain visibility into critical areas, allowing you to make better decisions - and which reports your peers use most often to justify budget and staffing.
LED Lighting, What’s the Big Deal?
Presented by E. W. Dovel, Divisional Vice President at Orion Energy Systems, Inc.
LED lighting has transformed the lighting industry in recent years creating opportunities for energy savings and improving learning and patient environments. Discover the differences between legacy and LED lighting today and understand where the technology is headed in the near future.
See Something, Say Something
Presented by James Marcella- Axis Communications
The popular public safety campaign “See Something, Say Something" has acted as force multiplier urging everyone to take an active role in protecting their community. Video surveillance systems play a role in this force multiplier equation as well. But while it excelled as a tool to “see something," historically it lacked the audio capabilities to “say something." Those days, however, are numbered. New audio-augmented systems are significantly increasing the effectiveness of surveillance systems to deter crime, and improve public safety.
In this session attendees will learn about how to increase the effectiveness of video surveillance systems by:
• Increasing the deterrence by adding audio capabilities
• Navigating the legal mine field of adding audio to your systems
• Understanding the technical skills for successful deployment (Hint: you already have them)
• Implementing “Audio Analytics" to proactively identify threats
Crisis Management & Planning for the Mobile Age
Presented by Herb Crawford – Director of Sales, SchoolDude
As professionals in the education industry, your top priority is the safety of students, faculty, and staff. Although you may feel your current crisis plans are adequate, it’s important to be aware of the restrictions and problems that may arise from purely analog communication systems. Binder-based plan documents can be useful for training purposes, but in the event of an actual emergency, when time is the most precious resource you have, do all staff and faculty have access to the binder, poster or emergency flipchart? What can you do to keep your plans relevant?
Crisis Management & Planning for the Mobile Age will compare efficacy of paper safety plans versus mobile safety plans, identify gaps and breakdowns in traditional safety plans, demonstrate "duty of care" in an increasingly mobile society and guide you through the design and execution of a more comprehensive crisis management strategy.
Low Energy Operators, Exit Devices and Exit Alarms
Presented by Tim Shafer - Marketing Manager, Detex Corporation
This informative course will cover:
• When and where to specify
• Understanding requirements of the application
• What products to use that will give the best value and provide a
correct and complete installation
• What will be needed for the designated installation location;
Recognition of possible installation problems and what will be needed to overcome these problems
• The installation and usage of all other support equipment that may
be required such as electrified panic hardware, wireless push button, etc.
Using Federal Tax Credits to Fund School Renovations, Equipment, Technology, Energy Conservation and/or Educational Programs
Presented by Art Stellar, Ph.D.; VP, National Education Foundation
School district personnel and vendors will learn about the $400 million annual Qualified Zone Academy Bond (QZAB) Federal tax credit program. These are 25 year NO INTEREST bonds which do not require a referendum vote, except for a few states. Eligibility requirements, regulations, planning tools and the application process will be described. Funds may be used for building renovations, equipment, technology, energy efficiency, renewable energy and for educational programs. In addition, attendees of this session will learn how the National Education Foundation supplements these funds with a match contribution of between 10% and 50% of the total value in the form of educational software for students, staff and parents. School personnel with long term facility plans or lists of needs may be able to complete applications onsite. Vendors may be able to correlate clients’ needs with QZAB, thus, providing funding to resolve problems.
Pathway to Modernized Security…Active Shooter Risk Mitigation
Presented by Tony Sparks, President of Phantom Services
To reduce the risk of an Active Shooter requires three critical elements. First, a cultural change in security prevention and awareness. Second, the integration of new and existing technologies as management tools to deny access. Third, training and integration of the hospital staff / educational faculty with the first responders to ensure there is a complete understanding of everyone’s actions in a crisis.
The focused areas that will be addressed are:
- Technical, Physical & Operational Enhancements
- Passive and Active Defensive Measures
- Interdiction Measures
- Emergency Response Management
- Development and implementation of a Playbook
- Interactive seminars with the entire staff on the latest techniques for Run - Hide - Fight
Task: Ensure standardization and continuity from the EOC to the Charge Nurse. This is paramount in a crisis.
Goal: Transforming from a culture of customer service to customer security and service.
Construction & Security Trends in 2016 and Beyond…’Learn how these business segments are evolving with technology’
Presented by Kevin Hendershot, PSP Director of Strategic Integrator Partnerships, of Assa Abloy
- The changing construction world…operating more efficient.
- LEED & Sustainability…how is security becoming involved?
- Cell Phones, Credentials and Access Control
Atlanta Marriott Buckhead Hotel & Conference Center
April 24 & 25, 2017
- Access Control
- Acoustic Products
- ADA Consulting
- Air Purification Products/Services
- Alternative Power/Generators
- Architectural Services
- Bleachers/Stadium Seating
- Building Automation/Control Systems
- Building Maintenance
- Ceiling Fans
- Construction - Project Management
- Construction - Renovations
- Construction Products
- Disaster Recovery Planning and Services
- Doors/ Entry Systems
- Elevator Manufacturers
- Emergency Stairway Evacuation Chairs
- Energy Management Software
- Energy Management Systems
- Energy Star/LEED Roof Coatings
- Facilities Management Software
- Facility Auditing
- Facility Maintenance Management
- Fire Detection/Protection/Alarm
- Flooring - Athletic
- Flooring - Carpet
- Flooring - Other
- Flooring - Polished Concrete
- Flooring - Raised Access Floors
- Flooring - Tile
- Furniture - Cafeteria
- Furniture - Classroom
- Furniture - Dormitory
- Furniture - Outdoor
- Glass Safety/Security/Window Films
- Infection Control/Sanitation
- Janitorial Services
- Janitorial Supplies
- Landscape Design
- Landscape Maintenance
- Laundry Equipment
- Lighting - Controls
- Lighting - Fixtures
- Lighting - LED
- Lighting - Outdoor
- Lighting - Solar
- Mass Notification Systems
- Modular Buildings
- Online Education
- Parking Lot/Garage Maintenance
- Playground/Park Equipment
- Plumbing Fixtures
- Restroom Fixtures
- Restroom Products
- Security - Access Control
- Security - CCTV
- Security - Fences
- Security - Visitor Management
- Security Door Hardware
- Site & Street Scape Amenities
- Waste Management
- Water Conservation/Recycling
- Window Manufacturers
Latest Press Releaseposted by Yasmin Parsloe on Wednesday May 11, 2016
The Education Facilities Management Forum took place in Dallas, Texas on April 25 & 26, 2016. Feedback is streaming in from attendees already! Here's what they have to say about their Forum Experience: "Forum did a great job! Positively was beyond my expectation! Love the layout, the best one I have been to yet!"- Burleson ISD "This was my first time at an event like this format and it...